About SACA Player Plus
The SACA Player Plus programme was established in 2008 to provide SACA members with a comprehensive personal development, education and support programme. The programme allows players to educate and develop themselves while playing cricket and to prepare for life after cricket.
Players are assisted in the assembly of their individual Personal Development Plan (PDP) to be implemented under the guidance and support of a regional SACA Personal Development Manager (SACA PDM) and various accredited programme partners.
SACA provides funding for the implementation of the individual player PDP by:
- Providing a qualified SACA PDM for each player;
- Awarding SACA bursaries;
- Developing content for, and facilitating, personal development module workshops;
- Developing content for, and facilitating, CrickED workshops (anti-doping, anti-corruption & code of conduct);
- Developing strategic programme partnerships which result in player access to relevant services at reduced cost;
- Paying for counselling and specialist fees where required.
The SACA Player Plus programme and the Sport Science Institute of SA (SSISA) have an established partnership which provides quality training for the SACA PDM’s, ensures professional service to players. SSISA further provides SACA Player Plus with annual updates to its extensive list of Personal Development modules.
Past players have full access to the Player Plus programme for up to 12 months after they have lost their contract, or retired from the game.
“BETTER PERSON | BETTER CRICKETER | BETTER FUTURE”