SACA collectively represents all 311 professional cricketers in South Africa at Proteas (contracted men and women), and Provincial levels. Players have the option of retaining their membership for a period after retirement or loss of a contract.
Membership of SACA is confirmed by player completion of membership forms and a full register of members is maintained.
Player Membership Benefits
SACA provides players with comprehensive benefits which are easily accessed. These benefits and services include:
- Collective Representation
- Collective Bargaining and Stakeholder Negotiation
- International representation through FICA
- Generation of Commercial Programmes
- Health and Medical Insurance
- SACA Retirement Fund
- Education, Welfare and Personal Development services through SACA Player Plus
- Participation in the SACA MVP and Fitness Rankings
- Legal Assistance