About SACA Player Plus
The SACA Player Plus programme was established in 2008 to provide all SACA members with a comprehensive personal development, education and support programme. This allows players to educate and develop themselves while playing cricket and to prepare for life after cricket.
Players are assisted in putting together a Personal Development Plan (PDP) to be implemented under the guidance and support of the regional SACA Personal Development Manager (SACA PDM) and various accredited programme partners.
SACA provides funding for the implementation of the individual player PDP by:
- Providing a qualified SACA PDM for every player;
- Awarding bursaries;
- Developing content for, and facilitating, personal development module workshops;
- Developing content for, and facilitating, CrickED workshops (anti-doping, anti-corruption & code of conduct);
- Developing strategic programme partnerships resulting in access to relevant services at reduced cost
- Paying for counselling and specialist fees where required.
The SACA Player Plus programme and the Sport Science Institute of SA (SSISA) have a well-established partnership that provides top quality training for the SACA PDMs, ensuring a professional service to players. SSISA further provides SACA Player Plus with annual updates to its extensive list of Personal Development modules.
Past players – players who have lost their professional playing contract or retired from the game – have full access to the programme for 12 months after leaving the professional game.
“BETTER PERSON | BETTER CRICKETER | BETTER FUTURE”