The South African Cricketers’ Association (SACA) is the official Players association and collective representative of South Africa’s Professional and Semi-Professional cricketers. SACA is the voice of the Players in South African cricket.
SACA operations are managed by a team based in Cape Town, South Africa. The team reports to an Executive Committee, which is comprised of current Players and recent ex-Players elected annually by the Players.
SACA represents Players on various Cricket South Africa (CSA) Committees including the Chief Executives Committee (CEC), Cricket Committee (CC), and Finance and Commercial Committee (FINCOM).
SACA is a member of the Federation of International Cricketers’ Associations (FICA), the world Player body in cricket, and is actively involved in the operations of this global organisation.
SACA Mission and Objectives
SACA’s mission is “To Protect and Promote the Interests of South African Professional Cricketers, and the Game.”
In order to achieve this, SACA has the following key objectives:
- Be a visionary role player in the game of cricket in South Africa
- Actively influence the direction and sustainability of the game internationally and domestically
- Maintain the credibility of the game
- Optimise Player financial benefits in all viable markets
- Continue to develop and deliver comprehensive and relevant Player services
- Actively represent Players on all collective matters
- Represent individual Players on regulatory issues
- Ensure international representation of SA Players through FICA
- Build and maintain Player affinity
- Further develop the SACA brand to be seen as respected, strong, supported by Players and principle and values-driven
- Sustain the Players association and its representation of Players for the future